Monday 28 April 2014

P2. How does my product fit into current trends?

Idea deconstruction - Peter the Pirate



















I think that my animation will fit into the current marketplace for pre-school children, because there is a gap in the market for educational cartoons particularly aimed at pre-schoolers. The animation style is simplistic, with bold and simple shapes and colours, which is simular to the pre-school/young audiences of Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom. The types of characters are also suitable for the current marketplace - educational and enthusiastic, encouraging learning and working together as a team. The theme of my cartoon is adventure, and action. The narrative of my product is Peter the Pirate himself, which is different to current existing cartoons and animation because they normally have a different voice that to the characters who are narrating. This will distinguish my cartoons from the others.
My animation fits in with the current trends of simple pre-school cartoons, as it has a basic design but with bright colours and shapes. I would air it on Channel Five's Milkshake and Disney Junior at round 7.a.m and 7.p.m, because it will be suitable for young children who get up in the morning and in the evening it's around their bedtime so they can watch it before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment