Friday 28 March 2014

P2. Colour Development


I wanted to develop my design process by looking at different colouring options for my Pirate. I looked at a range of colours on Photoshop after scanning in my drawing and used the different combination of colours to create my final design. I feel like the blond hair works the best because it's bright and eye-catching, and that will make it more interesting for younger viewers because they're easily distracted so they need something bold to keep them watching. I used a simular reasoning for preferring the light trousers, as they make the pirate look more friendly which is the type of character I want to get across as it's a children's adventure television series. Looking at the stripes, I wanted a bold colour that contrasts with the trousers but still looks good and not too much. I like the red because it works well with the blond hair as well as the pale blue trousers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment